Sunday, September 21, 2008

My first buck!





Well I shot my first buck. It was such an amazing experience. Zach also got a buck. I spotted it for him. The buck was beautiful, it was still in full velvet. It took three people and two days to pack our camp and deer out of the mountains. We hiked up past 10,000 feet high, which was about a 5 mile hike. I was packing out as much weight as the guys were. We have been eating the deer meat the last few days. It is the best deer meat I have ever tasted! I believe that if you are going to hunt something you better eat the meat. If you aren't planning on eating it, you shouldn't be hunting it.

4 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Good for you! I don't think I would have ever pictured you as a hunter but you make a good one.

blackhamfamily said...

where is brayden? pictures of him would be cutier than pictures of Zack. How about more pictures of that beautiful little boy.

Brindy said...

OMG I cant beleive you did that. It is a beatuiful buck. Where are you guys at?

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!! How fun! Hey, will you send me back my flapper costume? Halloween is coming up! I love you so much! Your little boy is the cutest!